1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

DVD Drive ejects automatically frequently...

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ankitnahar00, Aug 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ankitnahar00

ankitnahar00 Thread Starter

Aug 25, 2006
    Hi all,

I have LG DVD-RW 16x.

But 10-20 times a day, my dvd drive ejects automatically and stays out only and only sometimes goes back inside. Sometimes in a minute time it comes and goes back 4-5 times. Don't know how it happens automatically. :confused: I HOPE NO GHOSTS ! :eek:

Is there any trojans or virus OR is my drive not been connected properly or configured properly. But it works fine when i use it. That time it never comes out. All media or data burned are also perfect, not a single disk error till now.

ONLY PROB is that it comes and goes back inside automatically... VERY ANNOYING :(

Please help...
  2. Chris A

Chris A

May 9, 2000
    Any chance you could try another drive that would rule out a software problem. Chances are though that there is a problem with the drive and it may need to be replaced or repaired.
  3. ankitnahar00

Aug 25, 2006
    Thanks for replying...

Well arranging another drive - hmmm... frankly speaking not possible unless I buy, which is again not possible. I still have warranty period with me remaining. But I asked this hoping if anyone else has faced such problem or might have heard of such problem and then knows the reason and solution.
  4. ankitnahar00

Aug 25, 2006
    Any help on this please....
  5. lighthouse

May 5, 2002
    I find that Computer based DVD is somewhat unreliable. I've yet to have a programme on my computer that will play DVDs for more than a couple of days before I start getting the usual array of error messages (and Cyberlinks programme doesn't show the "Universal player" and won't work at all). WMP shows the guff about licences - even after completely reinstalling the programme, and even then not able to do a backup of the enclosed licences that are supposed to be included in it. I do have one programme that does work - but not particularly straight forwardly.

I'd rather see a DVD player you can buy with a USB socket that can plug into your USB on the computer. This can't be that difficult - particularly with the USB 2.00 that's commonly available these days!
  6. thecoalman

Mar 6, 2006
    Check that the faceplates on the tray and the drive are seated properly. They may even appear to look ok but it doesn't take much.

Edit: isee it's going back in by itself? you can probably ignore my post.
  7. Rich-M

May 3, 2006
    In order to better respond to your question or problem

We require more detailed and specific information

Please repost your request with:

Computer: Brand Name

Age of system:

CPU: Brand, speed

Ram: Type, amount, speed

Peripheral devices

Operating system: Windows 98, 98SE, ME, XP Home, XP Pro, Other

Do you run Anti-Virus software: Brand Name, version #, date of most recent AV signature file

For Video or Graphic problems

Video Card: Brand Name, type, speed, Chipset, driver version and date

Video settings: resolution, advanced settings

For Internet problems:

Modem: Brand name and date of driver

Type connection: dial-up, cable, sat/DSL, other

Browser: IE, Netscape, version #

For Network problems:

LAN card(s): Brand, # of cards

Router: Brand name, type

# machines on network

Network settings and IP configuration

Please state your specific problem and when it started

Did you change anything, install anything before the problem started?

List any recently installed software

List software running in background ie: anti-virus program, mail programs, backup software.

Any power disruption or incomplete shutdowns

Failed Scandisk/chkdsk or defrag attempts

Use of any “tune-up” utilities, registry utilities, system diagnostics, other third party utility software

Recent downloaded software

Any new programs or files that have recently appeared in your STARTUP menu or msconfig STARTUP listing

This information may be of critical importance in locating and correcting the source of your problem. Please note any additional information or detail about the problem that may be of value in our assessment of the problem.

Thank you.
  8. ankitnahar00

Aug 25, 2006
    It will probably take lot of time - I will input all information tomorrow after coming back from my college classes...

Thanks... :)
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/495490