DVD Drive Freeze

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

spovelko

I am having a strange problem.When I start my Computer with a disk(any disk)in the dvd drive the computer freezes just after windows loads?Also if I put a disk in the drive sometimes it freezes when its trying to read the disk?I have a pretty new computer.My specs are as follows.

Mother Board- Epox 9NPA+SLI NForce 4 Socket 939
CPU- AMD FX-60 Dual Core 2.6 ghz
Memory-OCZ 4gig Dual Channel PC 400
Video-ATI X1900XTX
Sound-Creative SB Audigy 2ZS
HD-2 70gig SATA Western Digital Raptors in Raid Zero Configuration
HD-1 160gig Western Digital ATA 133
DVD Rom-Mad Dog

Any help you can offer me is greatly appreciated...

spovelko said:
Help please this thing is driving me crazy.....
To the best of my knowledge, you should not start a computer with a non system disc in the drive as it leads to problems. It will want to try to boot from it.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online