1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

DVD Drive giving problems ! HELP !!!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by titanalive, May 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. titanalive

titanalive Thread Starter

I am having trouble with my DVD RAM Drive . On inserting a recorded DVD into the drive the drive fails to read the contents on the disc and just displays a blank window. I thought something was wrong with the drive so i changed it but the problem still persisted. To top it all on inserting the same DVD in a different computer the contents are read and displayed perfectly. I am having trouble figuring out what could be wrong. Please Help.

I am using a Computer with a Pentium 4 1.5Ghz Processor and the system has Windows XP Professional Edition Service Pack 2 installed on it.

PS: Virus scans seem to yield no viruses

2. Blackmirror

Blackmirror

Hello Start run devmgmt.msc and see if there are any yellow red symbols

3. titanalive

Hi thanks for replying , Now getting back to the problem , there are no yellow red symbols that indicate any error in recognising the drive . Is there anything else that can be done ?

4. Blackmirror

Blackmirror

In the Device manager, hardware click it and then properties click driver uninstall, close it out properly then go right back to control panel add new hardware click that computer will scan and reinstall the driver

try that please

5. Rich-M

Rich-M

Driver is a driver and they are inherent to Windows...try changing a cable or jumpered correctly plugging the drive onto hard drive cable remembering hard drive is master and in theis case dvd is slave if on 1 cable.

6. titanalive

Hey guys, appreciate all the help that you have offered so far, could not post a reply due to some other issues that croped up, anyways coming back to the freaking drive, Its not working. I changed the drive cables installed a brand new DVD-DL 18x LG Writer, reinstalled the drivers but the problem still persists. When you put a recorded Cd or Dvd it displays - "Cd Drive" near the DvD-Ram Icon in "My Computer". and nothing can be viewed when you open the Cd / Dvd. Could it be that there is something wrong with the windows as i have tried almost everything but to no avail please suggest something else that can be done . Thanks

7. titanalive

Hey come on guys please help as i am having a lot of problem there must atleast be something that you could suggest , Would reinstalling windows do the trick , Please atleast somebody answer

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/575330

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice