1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

DVD drive help for a newbie please

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by dartagnon01, Oct 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dartagnon01

dartagnon01 Thread Starter

Hello everyone, my first post from England is a query about my cd/dvd drive. I can play shop bought CDs and CDs burned from iTunes and Windows Media Player (on the laptop in question and elsewhere) all ok. I can burn music, data and pictures to CD or DVD. I can play DVDs recorded off air and finalised from either my Panasonic or Dual domestic DVD recorder ok. However, If I try & playback a shop bought DVD, I get no sound at all or sound when chapters are selected or no sound over the menu selector then no sound from the main feature. This happens the same in both Windows Media Player 11 & Real Player. WMP 11 is selected as the default media player. Device manager says that all components are working properly...DVD drive, sound card etc and all drivers are up to date. The DVD drive is set to region 2 for Europe. The previous default media player was Acer Arcade, pre installed when I bought the laptop, but deleted by me as I didn't use it as I simply didn't like its features. Any clues, guys?. Machine is Acer Aspire 3614 Wlmi running XP Home , SP 2. (2002). Intel 1.6Ghz Processor, 60 Gb HDD, 1Gb DDR ram. DVD drive is Pioneer DVD-RW DVR- K16RA, driver version 5.12535.0.

2. MysticEyes

MysticEyes Banned

You should have left it installed. This may be your problem as it probably provided the needed decoders.

Maybe this will help with your sound.

http://ac3filter.net/

3. dartagnon01

dartagnon01 Thread Starter

Thanks for that advice. I feel you are right as everything worked ok before deleting Acer Arcade. Will try your other advice when I have more time as I am on six straight shifts at work now. Many thanks for your reply.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/645431

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice