DVD drive: HP GT80N giving problems on Windows 8.1

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

kirst10mac

DVD drive won't recognise blank discs.
I uninstalled the drive and hoped I could reconfigure the device once my notebook had restarted but Ive had no luck.
Not very clued up on how to reinstall the driver?
Please help ...

Would a system restore be the only way to resolve this problem?

Last edited:
First thing to try is a different manufacturer's blank disc. Some optical drives have problems with one or more types of, and/or a particular manufacturer's discs.

If a restore point is available, yes a System Restore should get the driver working again.

This appears to be the specifications for your GT80N drive: http://www.bluraysupplier.com//downfile/2016032115390408721.pdf (Which should show which types of CD/DVD discs the drive is designed to handle).

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online