1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

dvd drive not detected

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by jonesvjose, Jan 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jonesvjose

jonesvjose Thread Starter

my computer is acer aspire 3630.i have windows 7 32 bit os.my philips dvd drive is now not detected by my computer.when i was installing a game,beause of low battery,my computer shutted down.when i started it again,my dvd drive is not detected.it is not showing in the device manager and bios manager.what shall i do.

2. interloper007

interloper007 Banned

Try going inside and taking all the connections off the drive and reconnecting.

3. lunarlander

lunarlander

Is your DVD drive external ?

4. interloper007

interloper007 Banned

You could try a system restore.:D

5. Kapustin Yar

Kapustin Yar

A virus could also cause this.

6. jonesvjose

my drive is not external. i dont think that reconnecting the wires wont work.and there is one more thing.sometimes when i start my computer,there will come,"new driver detected.installing driver software.device driver software failed to install.when i look the details,the name of the dvd drive is appearing with a slight difference,like this,"[email protected]@s [email protected] [email protected] device.actually it should be,like this,"philips dvd ata device.why its showing like that?and then i opened the device manager,there is written the same.and i looked the driver details,there is showing"this device cant start[code 10]then i uninstalled the driver.then i scaned for hardware changes option[in tools menu.]and then a blue screen pop out.there it is showing dumping physical memory.and when it is 100 percentage the computer shut downs.then when i starts my computer again,there will be written,windows has recovered from an unexpected shut down.and when i look the details,there will be showing,"name of the program=blue screen,os=6.1.3.45.9.79.6.i dont understand any thing. i father is an electronic designer.he said that this was a cmos virus.is it?i also tried the system recovery.it didnt work.anybody plese help me.

7. flagtrax

flagtrax

Can't say as I've ever heard of a "cmos virus" but the cmos data could be corrupted. Also it may simply be that the driver is corrupted. From your limited discription I am assuming this is a laptop. you may want to try this. Remove it from power. Remove the battery and let it sit a few minutes. Then put the battery back in and reboot normally. I've seen laptops "reconfigure" themselves using this process. If that doesn't work I'd then suggest going into device manager, removing the offending DVD from the system, then rebooting. The os should then pick it up and install drivers at boot. Good luck....

8. jonesvjose

ya,mine is a laptop.i will try what you mentioned

9. jonesvjose

nope!its not oring at all. i think nobody in this world can fix my drive

10. huggie54

huggie54

hiya Jonesvjose,power off your laptop and turn it upside down,there is one shiny screw holding yout optic drive in,undo this screw with a small phillips screwdriverthen gently prize the drive out with a small flat headed screwdiver.pull out the drive and then restart your laptop until it is fully booted,shut down the laptop replace optic drive and secure with screw,reboot any good?

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/976644

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice