DVD Drive not working properly

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Annette7

My DVD drive does not autoplay. I have to go into Windows Media Player and start it there.
When I try to copy the dvd to my hard drive this does not work either.
Can anyone help

cwwozniak

Chuck
Do you have autoplay enabled and set to Windows Media Player for DVDs in that drive?

Most, if not all, commercial movie DVDs use encrypted copy protection. That prevents copying the DVD to another DVD or to a hard drive.

Annette7

Do you have autoplay enabled and set to Windows Media Player for DVDs in that drive?

Most, if not all, commercial movie DVDs use encrypted copy protection. That prevents copying the DVD to another DVD or to a hard drive.

cwwozniak

Chuck
And your operating system is ....?

For Windows XP:

~ Open "My Computer".

~ Right click on the drive and select "Properties" from the pop-up menu.

~ Click the "Autoplay" tab

~ Select the content type in the top box and then choose the action in the bottom box.

~ Click the OK button to save the new settings.

Annette7

And your operating system is ....?

For Windows XP:

~ Open "My Computer".

~ Right click on the drive and select "Properties" from the pop-up menu.

~ Click the "Autoplay" tab

~ Select the content type in the top box and then choose the action in the bottom box.

~ Click the OK button to save the new settings.
Thanks
I did that but it still does not autoplay
I have alreaedy copied the DVD on to another DVD through Roxio but when I copy it to my hard drive it comes up as two different folders named AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS
When I click on one of the files inside the VIDEO folder which has the QUickTime icon and at the side it reads - VIVEO_TS BUP File 14 KB -
I then receive the following Error message -
Error -2048: Couldn't open the file VIDEO_TS BUP. because it is no a file that QuickTime understands.
I downloaded 'DVDFab HD Decrypter 4' to try and copy it to my hard drive.
HELP!!!

cwwozniak

Chuck
Sorry about that. I had thought you were trying to autoplay a commercial DVD but it sounds like you are trying to autoplay some type of burned DVD. Trying to debug autoplay problems with burned DVDs is beyond my knowledge level. Maybe someone else here can help out.

Annette7

Oops I guess I didn't make myself clear, sorry
Yes it is a commercial DVD but what I meant was I have already copied it so it can't have copy protection on it

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
So, what you have is an illegal copy and you're having trouble with it. Sorry, but we don't assist with illegal media copies, you need to read the TSG Rules.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online