1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Dvd drive wont pick up cd's

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by mick04, Jan 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. mick04

mick04 Thread Starter

Hi, recently had problem with my other Computer I so did a windows repair using the XP PRO disk, solved the problem but now my dvd drive a Pioneer DVD RW wont read disks, says in the hardware wizard the device is working fine, but when i put in disks nothing happens it can read the XP disk if i want to boot from it so i know it works just dont know whats wrong with it.

Have no internet on the computer either cant install the drivers that came with my 54 mbs card. Can anyone hlp?

2. bonk

bonk Banned

This is a Pioneer DVD RW combo drive is it Also a CD-Rom as well?

3. johnpost

johnpost

the optics and lasers for the cd and dvd are separate.

if you can't do cd and can still do dvd then the cd
    part is out.

sometimes dust on some of the optics can
    cause such a failure. try using a cleaning
    disc to blow off dust.

4. PCG342

PCG342 Banned

I can't be certain, but since he installed WinXP, I'd assume so. That, or I've gone and confused myself.

5. mick04

mick04 Thread Starter

It wont play either dvd's or cd roms, maybe when i changed the boot order to boot from cd when repairing XP it did something? After i repaired it i set it back to defaults.

6. mick04

mick04 Thread Starter

I cant get the internet or anything to work on my comp because cant install any drivers for my 54 mbs wireless and im stuck on sp1, any one have any ideas??:confused:

7. bonk

bonk Banned

Your can download the drivers on to a floppy from the PC your using and then install them on your PC

8. mick04

mick04 Thread Starter

I tryed tht but im a bit foggy on the wireless card drivers, does it have to be the make of the wireless card drivers or can it be xp drivers, and would installing drivers for the dvd drive help?

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/537775

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice