1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

DVD drive

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by dannylatics, Aug 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. dannylatics

dannylatics Thread Starter

when i open a dvd in windows media player a message pops up saying

Error
    -windows Media Player cannot play DVD video. Open Display in Control Panel, and then lower your screen resolution and color quality settings.

This has never been a problem before, when I reduce the screen resolution and colour quality it still has the same message

Any ideas??

2. pehbond

pehbond

have ya dried to reinstall wmp also you could give power dvd a go. it is better than wmp. i could be your software for your video card could be worth reinstalling your drivers and software

3. dannylatics

how do I reinstall my drivers?

thanks for the quick reply :)

4. Jimmy the Hand

Jimmy the Hand

You surely know the type and manufacturer of your graphics card. Visit their homepage on the net. Look for something like "support & drivers", that's where the newest driver will be. Usually you get a step by step guide to access the desired driver, by selecting hardware type, series, model number, operating system etc. Download the driver. It's most probably an executable, which only needs to be started, then it takes care of the rest of the installation.
    If you have an OEM computer, Dell or such, you need to visit the OEM manufacturer's site.

5. dannylatics

I do not know th card manufacturer as my pc is a packard bell and awas boguht as a package from PC World. DOes anyone knw the website where I can update all my drivers? I think it maybe the packard bell one but I can not find the drivers section on the packard bell site were I enter my seriel number etc,

6. bigbear

bigbear

You could try a system restore to an earlier time when it was ok.

7. pehbond

pehbond

to find the graphics card do a search for everest home edition it is free and allows u to find new drivers more easy

8. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

9. dannylatics

i have downloaded everes, now what do i do to find magrapphics driver and like upgrade it.

10. stantley

stantley

Go to Display > Windows Video and it should have your graphics card info, and even a web link to find drivers.

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/490424

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice