DVD Drives will not detect disk types inserted...

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

BK_Malik

The discs that I insert in either of my two DVD drives do not associate with the programs they used to. I have tried associating them again with Tools-Folder Options-File Types but nothing works. When I double click on the drives they just go to the Explorer window showing the files on the disc but not playing them, both (CD and DVD). There are no icons when I insert a disk either, it just shows either Audio CD or the DVD name but no association icon.

Oh, if I restart with discs in the drive the icons will show up and go to the correct application when I double-click but if I eject the discs it goes right back to the above action.

Can someone help please?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts