1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

DVD Genie Problems!!!

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Djas00, Jan 8, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Djas00

Djas00 Thread Starter

Well my brother install a trial version of DVD Genie well after the trial was over it was suck on South Africa Region or something like that. Now I cannot get it off of that. Even after the drive was formatted (Which happened because of a virus) the region is still stuck on that. I have no idea what version of DVD Genie he used either. Does anyone know of a way to fix this problem?

2. Endemix

Endemix Guest

Have you tried going to right click your cd in system properties and change your dvd region?

If that doesn't work your next best thing is to flash your the hardware bios in your Dvd-Rom. The region-free 'hacked' bios is available here at http://wald.heim.at/sherwood/530742/dvd/mt/index.html
    right at the bottom of the page. Make sure you read the risks associated with region-free hacking before proceeding.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!