1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

DVD has Virus! How to access contents?!

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by vikas5544, Oct 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vikas5544

vikas5544 Thread Starter

My DVD has serious virus and my crucial data. I want to read/print the contents on my system! ?

Two days ago some deadly viruses (gphone.exe, autolt, newfolder.exe) ruined my system despite my strong fully updated anti virus and anti spyware (thanks to a friend and her carelessness). It was severely infected; I copied my crucial data in a DVD and formatted my system.

Now I want to access the DVD, read its contents, and possibly copy it on hard disk and take print outs from my printer. Let's assume that my antivirus is helpless against these viruses (trust me they can't be eliminated presently with any antivirus).

Now tell me will my system be infected if I only read and take print outs of the Word files from the DVD on my computer? I will not want to copy them on my hard disk for obvious reasons but will my system be still infected even if I only read the files on my computer and print the pages? My OS is Windows Vista Ultimate 32 bit system.

Thank you for your help and time.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/759046

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice