1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

DVD Lead-in Area

Discussion in 'Software Development' started by ssajjadmz, Aug 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ssajjadmz

ssajjadmz Thread Starter

I am wondering if there s away to edit or write to lead-in area? :confused:

2. tootle

tootle Banned

not possible its reserved for information regarding the write.

3. ssajjadmz

ssajjadmz Thread Starter

OK.Then please tell me where DVD track & session info are kept . while you are retrieving track info, in which sectores you are looking for that data.
    lead-in area keeping DVD data like manufacturer, Disk unique id ( for DVD-r) , and track info and etc.
    (sorry for my terrible English!!)

4. ssajjadmz

ssajjadmz Thread Starter

Hello everybody.
    if you want the truth, I got an idea. if I was able to change track info like NWA ( next writable address ), number of sectore and stuffs like that, and erase that data from DVD or change that, I can make DVD seems to be a blank DVD and as you know, that DVD cannot be copied. thus I and only I can access DVD data

5. tootle

tootle Banned

The Lead in Zone takes up 2FFFFh sectors on the disc, the control zone has 16 sectors repeated 192 times. Information regarding the disc would be contained within that zone,

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1065497