1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

DVD Movie Playback Freezes (any player)

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by dpanic, Feb 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dpanic

dpanic Thread Starter

My DVD movies freeze during playback regardless of the media player that I use, PowerDVD, Windows Media Player, Winamp all freeze up requiring me to hit ctrl-alt-del and end the program. I've been trying to fix this problem for a whole year now and the only thing I haven't tried is replacing my video card.
    My previous DVD-ROM drive as well as my current DVD-RW drive have the same problem. I have downloaded all updates and Service Packs for my WinXP and have downloaded each new driver version for my video card since I bought it 18 months ago which is, NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 440SE. I have also tried setting my DVD drive to the following settings "PIO only" and "DMA if available" transfer modes. But with either setting I still have the same problem.
    Any tips or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/331084

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice