DVD movies and my movies is choppy

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

zergpc208

I got a new laptop and when watching DVD movies after some time it becomes choppy and I need to re-start the computer.The same for watching my movies I took from my video camera.

Why is it after watching DVD movie or watching my movies it becomes choppy ? And I need to re-start the computer?

I take it the movies you took from your video camera you are viewing from your hard drive?

Maybe after a certain period of inactivity, there is a power saving option that is cutting down the CPU power.

You haven't said which version of Windows you are using, if you know how go to the power options in the control panel and try turning them all off to see if it's any better.

zergpc208

It is a new laptop I got in september. It is windows vista.

It does this when watching video from the hard-drive or DVD.

zergpc208

I don't think that is it .If you close the program and open it again it is still choppy .I have to re-start the computer.

Even if I try other media player it is choppy .I need to re-start the computer.

Could you check and confirm? Some laptops reduce the speed of the CPU which could cause this.

Do you have any programs running in the background like Anti-virus, spyware etc. Try turning all these off and see if it makes a difference.

zergpc208

I have problem like this on one of my other computers but it is sound that is choppy than the video.

If I'm using computer the sound is choppy:eek: if I do not use the computer the sound is not choppy.I think the problem may be the CPU is not fast enough.So the more I you use the computer the more the sound is choppy.

But in the case with the video being choppy it does not matter if the program is close than open again it is still choppy and the computer needs a re-start.

I have problem like this on one of my other computers but it is sound that is choppy than the video.

If I'm using computer the sound is choppy:eek: if I do not use the computer the sound is not choppy.I think the problem may be the CPU is not fast enough.So the more I you use the computer the more the sound is choppy.

But in the case with the video being choppy it does not matter if the program is close than open again it is still choppy and the computer needs a re-start.
Too hot possibly?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online