1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

DVD movies and my movies is choppy

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by zergpc208, Sep 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. zergpc208

zergpc208 Thread Starter

I got a new laptop and when watching DVD movies after some time it becomes choppy and I need to re-start the computer.The same for watching my movies I took from my video camera.

Why is it after watching DVD movie or watching my movies it becomes choppy ? And I need to re-start the computer?

2. Lucky5tar

Lucky5tar

I take it the movies you took from your video camera you are viewing from your hard drive?

Maybe after a certain period of inactivity, there is a power saving option that is cutting down the CPU power.

You haven't said which version of Windows you are using, if you know how go to the power options in the control panel and try turning them all off to see if it's any better.

3. zergpc208

zergpc208 Thread Starter

It is a new laptop I got in september. It is windows vista.

It does this when watching video from the hard-drive or DVD.

4. Lucky5tar

Lucky5tar

And did you check the power settings?

5. zergpc208

zergpc208 Thread Starter

I don't think that is it .If you close the program and open it again it is still choppy .I have to re-start the computer.

Even if I try other media player it is choppy .I need to re-start the computer.

6. Lucky5tar

Lucky5tar

Could you check and confirm? Some laptops reduce the speed of the CPU which could cause this.

Do you have any programs running in the background like Anti-virus, spyware etc. Try turning all these off and see if it makes a difference.

7. zergpc208

zergpc208 Thread Starter

I have problem like this on one of my other computers but it is sound that is choppy than the video.

If I'm using computer the sound is choppy:eek: if I do not use the computer the sound is not choppy.I think the problem may be the CPU is not fast enough.So the more I you use the computer the more the sound is choppy.

But in the case with the video being choppy it does not matter if the program is close than open again it is still choppy and the computer needs a re-start.

8. RootbeaR

RootbeaR

Too hot possibly?

9. zergpc208

zergpc208 Thread Starter

Both computers getting hot?

10. RootbeaR

RootbeaR

How many computers are we talking about here?

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/754705

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice