DVD not Detected

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

raybro

Howdy folks... I'm embarking on an excursion into a totally new subject for me, so please pardon any misunderstandings or dumb questions.

I have an older Dell desktop (P2, 400MHz) with a DVD player (no burner). The instructor in my Tai Chi class has a DVD he would like to duplicate for his students and therein lie the problem. He (nor I) can get the DVD to be detected on our PC's. The DVD plays just fine in the DVD player which is part of my home entertainment system connected to the TV, but when I insert it into the DVD player on my PC.... zero, nada, zip happens. I've tried finding it with the built in DVD player, windows media player and Irfanfiew. No joy. I've also tried to detect it with Windows Explorer. I get "device is not ready". Any ideas out there or things to try???

Raybro

bearone2

Banned
it needs to be jumpered as master or slave if there are 2 optical devices on 1 ide cable.

if it's on the ide cable with the hd it should be jumpered as slave.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online