1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

DVD Not recognized in windows explorer

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by Dah, Nov 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Dah

Dah Thread Starter

Not able to see the internal DVD/CD drive when I click onto windows explorer, computer. I find ACER (C: ) and DATA (D: ). Other external drives, sticks, etc show up, but not the internal drive. What am I doing wrong or not understanding? Or is the drive faulty? Thanks. Dah

2. NIGHT5ER

NIGHT5ER

Are you positive that it is installed correctly, is your jumper set up correctly.

3. Dah

Dah Thread Starter

Not sure. The computer is new and the drive was installed at the factory. It has worked. I burned a DVD this morning and it worked fine, but when I click on Computer to see what is on the drive, it does not show up. Confused?

4. NIGHT5ER

NIGHT5ER

could you post a screen shot of your my computer for me, if possible.

5. vicks

vicks

Open control panel, select 'system', hardware, device manager, do you see any yellow exclamation marks?
    vicks

6. mrss

mrss Guest

Sounds like the oft-occuring Vista bug where it loses track of the CD/DVD drive after installing some software. Happened to my dv6000 when I installed a video editor and Vista said the CD driver was gone. There's one approach where you edit the registry to remove some filter values, but someone else will have to give you the microsoft link - I didn't bookmark it.

7. Rich-M

Rich-M

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/648779

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice