1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

DVD not showing up

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ch88, Apr 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ch88

ch88 Thread Starter

hi there..

my DVD burner/reader doesn't show up in My Computer... it looks like this

[​IMG]

it shows up in my Device Manager but with an error, like this

[​IMG]

it was doing this for a while, so a friend suggested getting a new one cos it had probably just died (it was about 5 years old).. so i went and bought the one thats installed in my computer now.. but i'm still having the exact same problem, according to other forums it doesnt require a driver, and the website is completely in japanese and using flash, so i cant search for anything on there and i cant translate it.

I'm running Windows XP Pro with SP2 and my DVD drive is a LiteOn DH20A4P. i think thats all the info i need to give, but anything else u need i'll be able to give.

any help would be appreciated as i dont know how much longer i can last without a CD/DVD drive..

2. dman4862

dman4862

you can try going to the action tab in device manager and click on scan for hardware and see if windows picksup the drive. I would also make sure the cables are seated correctly to the drive as well.

3. ch88

ch88 Thread Starter

tried that and it didnt work :-(

4. dman4862

dman4862

the only thing I can think of besides it being a defective drive is you try using another ide cable to connect the drive and see if that is not the problem

5. dman4862

dman4862

also try using another optical drive if you have one or can borrow and see if it installs correctly

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/700513

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice