1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

DVD not working correctly

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by crsaj, Jul 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. crsaj

crsaj Thread Starter

Whenever I insert a DVD in to the DVD player and hit enter it reopens the door. I'm using an Asus K52F series and running Windows 10.

2. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    Have you tried the DVD in another computer to be sure the DVD is okay?

I see this came with Windows 7
    https://www.asus.com/Laptops/K52F/specifications/

I'm trying to determine is Windows 10 is supported by Asus but I can't get the page with drivers to load.
    (I'd never point you to a 3rd party site for drivers - that can be very unsafe.)

I switched browsers and got driver choices. It appears that Asus doesn't support Windows 10 on the K52F.
    There are drivers for XP, Vista both 32 and 64 bit and Win 7 32 and 64 bit. That's it.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2018
  3. lynx1021

lynx1021

Why do you hit enter after inserting the DVD? It should auto detect. What program do you have for playing DVD's?

4. crsaj

crsaj Thread Starter

I go to My Computer and double click on DVD. Then the door opens and it ejects. Looks like its a Slimtype DVD A D58A4S under Properties Hardware. Under Drivers it says: c:\WINDOWS\system32DRIVERS\cdrom.sys Provider: Microsoft. The options to Update, Roll back, Disable and Uninstall are all dimmed out. Does this tell you anything.

5. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    Why?
    Put in a DVD and wait. Don't click any keys!
    In time something should appear asking you if you want to view files or play. This is what happens in Win 7
    DVD_menu.jpg

If you don't get a menu similar to above and get an error, please post what you see.

6. lynx1021

lynx1021

7. crsaj

crsaj Thread Starter

Tried leaving disk in. Nothing happens. Maybe the problem is what lynx1021 is suggesting. Is VLC media player safe to download?

8. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
  9. 2twenty2

2twenty2

10. crsaj

crsaj Thread Starter

Downloaded VLC but couldn't get it to work. Said it couldn't find a specific file so I uninstalled. I may try Media Player Classic Home Cenema.

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1213067

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice