1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

DVD nothing written

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by jamesmurg, Oct 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jamesmurg

jamesmurg Thread Starter

Hi please help dvd problem
    when I burn a dvd using nero it says burn successful but there is nothing on the disc.
    I think it is to do with the driver of my dvd drive but I don’t know where to download a new driver

If this helps I have a Hi grade Notino c7000s
    And the drive is qsi dvd+-rw sdw-082

But I not sure if this will solve the problem

2. Elvandil

Elvandil

No drivers are needed. Does it look OK in Device Manager?

How long have you had the drive? Do you use it a lot? The laser may be burned out.

3. jamesmurg

jamesmurg Thread Starter

I just tested the drive with a music cd and plays fine so the laser is fine.
    I have also been looking on the internet at other peoples problems concerning this issue and they seem to be updating the firmware mine is LX32 but I cant seem to find a new one on the internet. I am searching for LX43 maybe you could point me in the right direction. Or you have a better idea.

Thanks so fare

4. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    I believe that a different laser diode is used for reading a CD than for burning a DVD. Beam diameters have to be different for starters.

5. Elvandil

Elvandil

Yes, reading and writing are different propositions. Reading doesn't mean that the drive is OK. But by all means try what you can before giving up on it.

You may want to try the LX51 firmware. There have been a large number of firmware updates. That almost always indicates a design flaw that they are trying to work around with programming.

http://www.amilo-forum.de/downloads/QSI-SDW082-LX51.zip

6. jamesmurg

jamesmurg Thread Starter

Ok I give up just doesn’t work even with new firmware. Do I need to purchase a new laser to fix this

7. Elvandil

Elvandil

You usually just get a new drive. Just the laser may be hard to find.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/758237

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice