1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

DVD On XP Is Stuttering

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by cjbtaylor, Dec 23, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. cjbtaylor

cjbtaylor Thread Starter

Ive gone to XP from ME and my DVD player is now sticky and not playing properly, ive upgraded my ram from 128 to 512 on my laptop, so its not that.

My DVD is a TORiSAN DVD-ROM DRD- U824 and im using Power DVD to run it, it has the windows XP Driver.

Can Anyone help.:(

2. Davey7549

Davey7549

cjbtaylor
    You may want to try using the troubleshooter Microsoft provides for this problem.
    Click here for article
    Keep us posted on your progress.
    Dave

3. cjbtaylor

cjbtaylor Thread Starter

Just tried all of that and got to the end of the help wizard. The DVD is still playing choppy, it used to be fine in ME.

Any more ideas ara appreciated

4. Johnny Do

Johnny Do

I had the same problem when upgrading from Win98se to Xp and so I upgraded the new Decoder for windowXp and it works just fine. Just pop a dvd in the dvd-rom and let xp shows you how to download the decoder for Power DVD. When the installation is over, I am sure it will work.

5. cjbtaylor

cjbtaylor Thread Starter

thanks for the reply, when I put my dvd in it just gives me a list of what i want to play it in

6. Dan O

Dan O

Here's a link and information on PowerDVD: http://www.hival.com/powerdvd.htm

If you have a hardware Decoder make sure XP is using it. You make have to get updated software from the manufacture for XP.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/62679

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice