Solved DVD player not working

Terryl

Hi crjdriver, I'll have a look at the driver. I never cleaned one before, only changed cooling fans.
I'll have a go.
Cheers

Terryl

Hi Allan , yes the green light flashes about 6 time when the disc is inserted then stays off.

Terryl

Hi Allan,

I will have a go in cleaning the laser. I'll have to have a free day to do it soon. I have only changed fans and this would be more critical. Thanks for all the info.
Regards

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
Terryl:
I have 4 full-time Dell mini tower PCs, and I occasionally work on others, so I keep a few spare DVD burner drives in my computer parts room.
If one fails or has failed, it takes me less than 30 minutes to replace it.
You may have to go that route.
They have gotten very cheap - as you can see from the web page link in post #16.

--------------------------------------------------

Terryl

Hi Flavallee
It just come to that. I have used Allsop cd lens cleaner but still the same probllem.
Can you please tell me if I uninstall cd/rom drive, will window7 auto reinstall it ?
I'll may well have to look for a compatible cd/rom drive, if it is still made.
Many thanks

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
There is no driver to uninstall.

After you remove the old disc drive and then install a new disc drive and then start your computer, its Windows operating system will detect it and install the necessary driver.

------------------------------------------------

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts