1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

dvd player on windows XP

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by oldtimerme, Apr 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. oldtimerme

oldtimerme Thread Starter

I am new using a computer and not very smart as for as knowing much about it. How can I tell if I have a DVD player on my computer?
    Where do I go to see what is on my computer? I have a HP Compaq computer using Windows XP, and I know there is a Cd player and another Cd write that shows multi load on the front of it. Please advise.
    Thanks,

2. Megabite

Megabite

Try clicking Start then My Computer look at the Icon for your CD drive and see what it says about it

3. gurutech

gurutech

You can also put a DVD in the drive, and see if XP either runs the movie you have on it, or prompts you on what to do (open explorer to view files, etc...)

If nothing happens, then it may just be a CD drive.

4. vicks

vicks

Go to www.belarc.com. Download, install and run this small free program. It will list everything on you computer, including license numbers. I print this off and keep it for reference.
    vicks

5. Hughv

Hughv

I've never seen a DVD player without the Letters "DVD" on the front.

6. caraewilton

caraewilton

I have, in a sony laptop. There is no writing on it what so ever. In fact it does not even have an eject button! It took me hours just figuring out how to open the thing!
    That said, normally they do say DVD.

7. Hughv

Hughv

That must have been done by the same guy who decided that black lettering on a black background was a good idea for electronic components.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/700554

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice