DVD Player won't work in newly built comp

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

KINGFAMILY

I recently built a new computer using a new Albatron KX400-8X Motherboard and an Athalon XP 2000 CPU. I installed an Elitegroup AG200 (8X AGP) Video Card. The OS is XP Home.

Everything works fine except for the DVD Drive. It was removed from a Compaq 7478 and was working fine when removed.

When I attempt to play a DVD in the drive I get an error stating "Playback failed due to a problem with the video subsystem. Lowering your screen resolution or color depth may fix the problem." I attempted to change the resolution with no results. The drive works fine as a CD reader and plays Audio CD's fine. It just won't play DVD's. Ususally it goes to the Main Screen, but when I hit "PLAY MOVIE", it lists the above error in the interactive player.

Is the problem with my DVD drive, the player, the driver, the OS, or what? Do I need a new, up to date drive? New drivers? New/Different DVD Player Software?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

KINGFAMILY

I forgot to supply the DVD drive manufacturer and model, It is a Compaq DVD-ROM DVD-114.

Thanks again.

welcome to T.S.G.
have you tried the player with a different software DVD player?

I use PowerDVD to watch dvd movies and when I went to Windows XP I had to upgrade the software to get it to play movies. You may need to do the same thing.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online