1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Dvd Player

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by datadab2004, Sep 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. datadab2004

datadab2004 Thread Starter

Having trouble with DVD player?
    Operation system Windows 98
    When I open the Icon DVD I get this error:
    Run time error abnormal program termination.

Download correct device & program from original recovery cd but I still cannot open DVD player. The CD-rom is working properly. Here is the name of DVD software: 1998 Quadrant International Inc. Ver: 1.5.00.0043
    Cinemaster C1.1/1.2, Region: 1.2

It seems to be looking for c:program files/ati/ati dvdplayer/dvdplayer.exe.

Thx

Debra

2. drkilldrmz

drkilldrmz

Are you able to get your hands on any different dvd player software to try? This is a link to a free player for you. Probably a software issue and not a hardware concern.

3. drkilldrmz

drkilldrmz

4. datadab2004

DVD is built right in the Hard drive itself. This is a Hewlett Packard pavilion 8380. I am missing the program file only. now what?

Thx

Debra

5. datadab2004

For some reason my back up recovery disc will not copy on hard drive for this file: c/program files\ati\ati dvdplayer\dvdplayer.exe
    I dont this I can get another copy of recovery disc they say dont make them anymore that just sucks man.

Oh boy,

Debra

Thx again

6. datadab2004

drkilldrmz
    Hi me again, do you think I could correct this problem through regedit and hope it will replace the original program file for the dvdplayer. exe file? If so, do you the info on how to do this ???

Thx

Debra

7. batharoy

batharoy

NO DO NOT use regedit, you cannot replace or restore a file with that.

8. drkilldrmz

drkilldrmz

Don't worrt about uninstalling anything at the moment.. Just install a different program to play the dvd's with. At least then you would have a better idea if it's a hardware thing or not. Just because the dvd player came "bundled" with your computer, (and i mean the software, not the hardware) doesn't mean its the best one for you. Try something different.. I bet you can get it to play.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!