1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

DVD player

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by duckfan101, Feb 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. duckfan101

duckfan101 Thread Starter

howdy ya'll..
    I just recently got a free laptop through a market research thingy..(long story)...and it only came with a CD player
    I was curious on what my options are for getting a DVD player. I've been told i can get an external one as long as it has a USB hookup? Does that mean i can just plug it in...pop in a dvd and watch a movie? or do i need to download special software with that? Maybe someone could post a link of an example of what would work for my lappy. b.t.w. I have a Dell Latitude 100L. Thanks.
    Spencer

2. duckfan101

duckfan101 Thread Starter

uhh..anyone know anything dealing with this subject?

3. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

According to the specs it has USB 2.0 ports, so any external USB 2.0 DVD player would be just fine.

Perhaps go for a DVD writer though, as they are not a lot dearer now and the ability to backup files to DVD media would probably be useful.

4. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

And the software required *should* come with the drive (such as Power DVD etc), check when buying.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/331024

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice