Dvd Player

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

ACTU

The Dvd player Skips when I watch a movie or listen to music. I even tried a neqw dvd player and it does the same thing. The movie and cd works fine in my other computer so I know its not that. Also I looked in the advanced settings And it is set as DMA mode. Thank you.

tomdkat

Retired Trusted Advisor
If movie or music playback is choppy or skips on your computer, it might be due to the system being "stressed". Please post the specs on the computer having the problems.

Peace...

ACTU

it is a dell b120 with a 1.4ghz processor and 512 MB of ram

tomdkat

Retired Trusted Advisor
Are you running Windows or Linux on the system? How much RAM is in use when you play a movie or a CD?

Peace...

ACTU

Unfortunately it is windows xp. another note I don't have a problem with loading software.
326 mb of memory and 25 % of the processor.

tomdkat

Retired Trusted Advisor
What software do you use for movie viewing and music listening?

Peace...

tomdkat

Retired Trusted Advisor
I just found this article which states the following:
* Turning on error correction might cause the CD audio to skip in places.
That appears about the middle of the page.

Check to see if you have Error Correction enabled and disable it and see what happens. Try this with CD playback. The article has info on how to check the Error Correction setting.

Peace...

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online