1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Dvd Plays-won't Write

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by orkney, Apr 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. orkney

orkney Thread Starter

I just installed a new Sony dvd drive unit (ddu 1642). My old one was warn out but it would read and write. After install the new one only reads. When I put in a dvd-rw it will play the movie but will not write new ones. Also, when I use "Copy To DVD SE" it can't see the disk to be formatted or copied to. When I use another program that converts divx to dvd it can't find the dvd-rw disk to burn to. Is this a bios problem? Anyway, need advice, Thanks, orkney

2. Elvandil

Elvandil

What OS?

Try right-clicking the drive in Computer (or My Computer, if XP) and see if there is a recording tab. Is it set to record?

Try removing it from Device Manager and rebooting so it can be redetected and reinstalled.

While rebooting, make sure that BIOS identifies it correctly.

3. tomherry2

tomherry2

right click on my computer click hardware -> click Device manager
    there is option to fix this problem

4. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
  5. Elvandil

Elvandil

6. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    Now, can someone please explain why this beast still seems to sell for $58.00 (USD) or more? I've seen seen PATA CD/DVD DL burners with Light Scribe capability advertised on Newegg for under $35.00.

7. Elvandil

Elvandil

$59, $66.01

I hope it's at least bullet-proof.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/700173

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice