1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Dvd problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Fifa08, Jul 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fifa08

Fifa08 Thread Starter

Hi everyone. I am new here. I have a dvd drive that refuses point blank to install powerdvd or play dvd movies. It used to work fine until I go my new computer. Now it gives Catastrophic error occurred when I install powerdvd. Also the samsung drive will not recognize the cd that came with my dvd drive at all. The movies won't play because according to windows xp home I don't have a dvd decoder installed. But just to confuse matters my dvd games will install and play with no errors I have an E6700 CORE2DUO with asus p5n32e sli plus motherboard and x-fi extreme music card and xfx 7900gtx 512mb ddr3 pci-express. Can anyone help me? P.s I have reinstalled windows xp home and that did not solve the problem.

2. lefty1953

lefty1953

Just a little confused here. Is the Samsung the DVD drive or another drive? Have you cleaned the PowerDVD disc or is this a download? If it is a download did you pay for it or was it free? What is the error you get word for word when you install it?

3. Fifa08

Fifa08 Thread Starter

The samsung is the dvd drive. The powerdvd came with a graphic card I once had as an extra. The drive worked perfectly until my new set up :mad: .Also I normally play my Star Wars movies on my computer and they use ActualPlayer which comes with the movie. When I try to play the movie it gives "feedback problem. Check your video settings ot lower your resolution" I checked the grpahic card driversand thats not the issue as I played my movies with the same graphic card driver(94.24 for windows xp) on my old computer. I still use windows xp. Is it the p5n32e sli plus is only for windows vista?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/594074

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice