1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

DVD problems

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by nexus 66, Feb 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. nexus 66

nexus 66 Thread Starter

i have some AVI files i want to burn to DVD and i figured out Nero can do the converting for me. but i want it so that there are no black bars at the top and bottom of the output. i have used SUPER © and have once managed to get my output full screen but i cant seem to duplicate my results does anyone have any idea what im saying or have any prior dealings with SUPER ©.

2. bonk

bonk Banned

Unfamiliar with SUPER

But does it have a Ratio setting somewhere for 4.3 or 16.9

or are you recording it in NTSC

do you have the black bar when you play it on the PC or when you play in the TV via DVDplayer?

3. nexus 66

nexus 66 Thread Starter

it does have ratio options like that and yes my original AVI file has the black bars

4. bonk

bonk Banned

After you have recorded it to DVD and then play it on the TV DVDPlayer does it still have blackbars.

If so you need to change the format to NTSC if possible and see if you can change the ratio.....you will loose some quality but not much.

If you look in B=Nero if you have the full version I believe there is a setting somewhere

Is SUPER a free program?

5. nexus 66

nexus 66 Thread Starter

yes super is free

and black bars remain on dvd playback so you recommend i switch the format from PAL to NTSC

6. bonk

bonk Banned

Yes I would try that.....are you using DVD-RW as your testing like this until you get it the way you want it you could waste a few DVD-R

When I creating a short film I always select I want to Copy 2 disks.......I put the DVD-RW in first copy it and then test it on the DVDPlayer if is OK I put a DVD-R in as I know it will be OK

If the copy isn't what I want then I cancel it and I haven't wasted a disk as I can re-write over the DVD-RW.

7. nexus 66

nexus 66 Thread Starter

do you think you could explain to me how the aspect ratio works. super also has video scale options as well do you think this may help

8. bonk

bonk Banned

9. nexus 66

nexus 66 Thread Starter

thank you for all your help

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/544529

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice