1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

DVD-R AND DVD+R.Confuse

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by Enfrcr911, Jan 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Enfrcr911

Enfrcr911 Thread Starter

I bought this ADS-tech.Instant USB Video MPX,that does VHS tranfer to make DVD..since I`m trying to figure this out..I got some DVD+R and wont make a wedding cd..darn thing is asking me for DVD-R...plus on what format should I use to make this VHS tape I got..

AVI
    MPEG
    VCD
    WMV
    or DivX format..I`m just a bit confuse..I started yesturday..plus I did a 2min Video and tryed to send it Via-email to one of my internet buddys.and for some reason the file exceeds max.for sending e-mail..it was by 17000 kb..it would be kool if I could send a movie clip of 5 min to my friend...thank you.

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

DVD+R and DVD-R are two different physical media types, and you need the correct drive to write to one or both. What is the make/model of your DVD writer?

AVI, MPG, VCD, and WMV or DIVX are video file or disk formats, they don't describe the physical media.

To send a file of up to a gigabyte, try http://s11.yousendit.com/

3. Enfrcr911

Enfrcr911 Thread Starter

I wiil get the chance to make the movie,once I get some DVD-R disk.My pc will let me know if the volume of the wedding video would fit or not..I just wanted to know which format is the best in Compressing..Someone from Msn told me MPEG is good for making DVD.

Pen 4 768mb of ram
    160gb HD
    Philip CD/DVD+ - RW

I`d tryed the CD-R and it worked,but it stoped..it couldn`t record it..Man I gotta get me some DVD-R. thanks..

4. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

If you want to make a DVD that plays on standard players, you don't get a choice of formats. Generally MPEG-2 is used for DVD video, though some still use MPEG-1. You need to process the video into the correct format for DVD before you burn it, MovieMaker that comes with XP will do the job.

5. Enfrcr911

Enfrcr911 Thread Starter

Ya I got the Movie maker on my desk top..but I got one better..I my use the Pinnacle studio 9..I`m dieing to try.thanks..

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!