1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

DVD-R trouble

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by venisha, Oct 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. venisha

venisha Thread Starter

Hi. I'm not sure I'm in the right place, but I figure its worth a shot. I have a Samsung DVD/VCR Recorder Combo. It is model number VR335. For a few months now, it refuses to recognize my blank DVD-Rs.. they are the same brand and type i've always used with it. But when it does not spit them back out, it gives the message "This disk contains invalid data, no more title can be recorded" ... may not be the exact words but its close to that. I was just wondering if anyone knew of anything to do. I've tried the firmware update but I cant seem to get the DVD player to read the CD-R disk with the update on it. Thanks for ANY help any of you can offer!!!!

2. nessyguin

nessyguin

I'd suggest a different brand of disk although it could also be that the laser on your DVD recorder is dirty or failing . I've known the same , once reliable , brand of disk to fail on me because the most recent shipment to my supplier came from a different factory using different dyes and technology .
    If your firmware is up to date there are only really those two options to consider (other than replacing your equipment , which is obviously going to be a last resort) .

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/757684

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice