1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

DVD-RAM Question

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by DennisF, Apr 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DennisF

DennisF Thread Starter

I have had a stand alone Panasonic DVD recorder for about 4 years. Although I do most of the recording (and subsequent erasing) of TV shows on the hard drive, I sometimes like to tuck away certain things on the DVD-RAM that came with it. After many many uses, it no longer erases. Do I replace it with another DVD-RAM, or a DVD-RW? Thanks

2. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    If you are using the disc in the DVD drive as just a bit of extra random access storage to compliment the built-in hard drive, you will probably want to get a replacement DVD-RAM disc.

If you want to just fill up a DVD disc and then save it for playback at later times, it might be cheaper to use DVD-R discs (assuming your recorder supports them) or DVD-RW discs. If finalized on the recorder, the DVD-R and DVD-RW discs should be viewable on any DVD player.

If you do decide to use DVD-R or DVD-RW discs be sure to check the maximum write speed of discs that are supported by the recorder. If the recorder is listed as supporting a 4X maximum disc, it probably will not work with discs that support faster write speeds.

3. DennisF

DennisF Thread Starter

Thank You, Chuck

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!