1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

DVD Recorder Error?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Mr. Nice, Feb 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr. Nice

Mr. Nice Thread Starter

Hi,

First of all I don't know if I'm posting in the right section. If I'm not I apologise. The truth is I don't know what is causing me troubles.

Yesterday I bought a DVD recorder, and installed it on my desktop. When installing it I had a few troubles with the master/sleve configuration, and when I finally got it right I had my CMOS settings all messed up so I done a reset to the CMOS.

All seemed right, as Windows (XP SP2, fyi) was automatically detected and sucessfully installed. I then installed the software that came with the DVD recorder, and all went smothly. When I was testing the DVD recorder recording some fotos and videos an error message apeared and before I even could read it the computer restarted.

After that the comoputer restarts randomly, sometimes 2 seconds after Windows initiates, sometimes 20/30 minutes after. Sometimes it simply restarts, sometimes I get a blue screen saying nothing. I didn't have much time so I only checked a few things like if the dvd controller was properly installed and stuff, but everything seemed ok. I tried to uninstall the DVD recorder and start the computer only with my old CD player but the computer continues to restart.

Now I am at work, so I do't have access to my desktop and I know that with this information you probably can't tell me what my problem is, but I would like to ask you if you coul speculate a bit and tell me 2 or 3 possible reasons to this problem, so I can check them when I get home.

I thank you in advance, and I totally understand if it's impossible for you to help me...

Note: Sorry for some errors but, english isn't my native language and without spelling check I'm a disaster.

2. Mr. Nice

Mr. Nice Thread Starter

3. kaaos

kaaos

sounds like the drivers windows installed were not the right ones. you should have either cancelled XP from auto installing those drivers or pointing to the disk as the path.

i would do a sys restore and after windows detects new hardware click CXL and install the drivers from the nstall cd and then look for new drivers from the DVD makers site and update to those

or if you cant or dont want to do a sys restore, just go to device manager and update drivers with the ones on the CD

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/542530

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice