dvd rewriter not recognized

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

mishenkler

Cd/dvd appears to be working but when a cd is installed a message is received to install a cd so it is not possible to install any software from a cd as it does not appear to recognize that a cd is already installed

Was the drive working previous to this problem?
Does the drive recognize any cd or dvd's, i.e. store bought shrink rapped?
Some things to try:
System Restore.
Remove the device from Device Manager and reboot.
Try a different ribbon cable.

Just noticed this is your second post of the same problem, please delete the previous post.

Byteman

Gone but Never Forgotten
Hi, Welcome to TSG.... I have taken care of (deleted) your other new thread that had no replies. Please continue and use just this thread for this problem.

This page of our Frequently asked Questions will help you:

http://forums.techguy.org/faq.php?faq=vb_faq

Can I edit my own posts?
You may edit and delete your posts, but we have implemented some some limitations: (1) you have only 24 hours to edit or delete a post before it becomes permanent, and (2) you may not delete the first post of a thread, as this may effectively delete another user's post.

To edit or delete your posts, click the button by the post you want to edit.

After you have made your modifications, a note may appear, which notifies other users that you have edited your post. Administrators and moderators may also edit your messages if you post something that violates a rule.

And: From the "Rules" section:

Multiple Postings - It is simply not acceptable to post your question more than once, or to post it in more than one forum. Choose the forum that your question or post best fits in, and place it there and only there. If, after posting, you feel it should be in another forum, use the "Report Thread" button at the bottom of the post and we'll move it. We also reserve the right to move posts to other forums and delete duplicates.

Byteman

Gone but Never Forgotten
Hi mishenkler, When you can, would you answer the questions asked by unbidden please-

mishenkler

Wound up taking my computer back to the store that configured it for me 2 years ago and their evaluation was a registry problem that they corrected.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online