1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

DVD Rom can't read DVD's i've written

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Munki-Claus, Apr 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Munki-Claus

Munki-Claus Thread Starter

I just bought a new DVD writer, so i burned a game to it from an image file but when I try to use it on my DVD Rom drive it can't read it and just sits there attempting to forever read it, the DVD writer can read the disc but it takes quite a while to do so. The specs of my pc are at the bottom of my post.
    Both dvd drives are on the slave IDE channel with the DVD Rom being the master.
    Any help would be great :)

2. zeddy

zeddy

I expect its the software protection in the game disk to stop you illegally copying it.

3. bookime wood

bookime wood

Game back up is hit and miss, is your burner 2 sheep(capable of correct efm encoding)? Try playing the back up in your burner.

4. Munki-Claus

the backup can be played on the burner just not the DVD ROM, im not sure if it is capable of correcting efm encoding or not how would I check that?

5. bookime wood

bookime wood

Howdy

Give me the exact make and model, and I will check it for you, it may have bneen tested it may not for efm encoding.

bookime

6. Munki-Claus

It is a OptoRite DVD+-RW doesnt say anything other than that on the box etc

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/218447

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice