1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

DVD ROM/CD RW Combo driver

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by loopyboy2k, Oct 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. loopyboy2k

loopyboy2k Thread Starter

I own a HP zd7010us Notebook. Recently my drive will not recognize DVDs, game CDs, but will play an audio CD, however it is really distorted. My audio card is fine because I can play mp3s just fine. When I insert a game CD, it will not autoplay and I cannot explore the files...it appears as if there is no disk in the drive. I have tried rolling back the driver (no old one to roll to). I have tried restoring to a point where I know it worked. I have uninstalled the drive and restarted and it still appears to be using a generic driver. I do not know the brand name of the drive itself, but it is the original drive to this machine. I have Win XP Professional with Service Pack 3. The HP site has only updates and none of those work. I feel as if the driver has been corrupted or deleted. Where can I get the appropriate driver for this piece of hardware? Please help. I have had great success on this forum in the past. Thanks.

:confused:

2. loopyboy2k

loopyboy2k Thread Starter

Someone must know something...this site has never failed me.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/756190

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice