1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

DVD-Rom Drive Autorun issues

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by EonDel, Feb 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. EonDel

EonDel Thread Starter

After a recent complete reformat of my PC my DVD-ROM drive is causing my problems.

According to my device manager it is working properly but it will not install any software.

It recognizes software and I can browse discs but any Autorun program crashes and if I run Setup from the disc several install screens dont appear and/or are incomplete and eventualy the install crashes and or creates corruption errors.

It plays CD's fine. I have yet to re-install any burning or DVD player software yet.

I have removed it and installed it again with the same results.

Is the drive toast or just some silly windows issue?

2. golferbob

golferbob

i had a problem like yours a few months back, i did this. right click on "my computer " , click on properities ,click on device mgr, double click on cdrom . this will open it ,right click on the opened cdrom , click on remove. restart your computer and let hardware wizard reinstall your cdrom.

3. EonDel

EonDel Thread Starter

I have tried that several times and still no deal :mad:

4. EonDel

EonDel Thread Starter

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/330862

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice