1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

DVD-Rom & DVD+RW Drives not showing in My Computer

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by jediliz, Jan 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jediliz

jediliz Thread Starter

I get this error:

Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)

Before I only had that in one device, but I tried uninstalling, rebooting and reinstalling and that resulted in two of the same error.

I've already tried the Microsoft Solution (with the registry editing). I made a backup of my registry with my System Mechanic just in case.

I think maybe its possible the drives just got disconnected somehow (at least I hope so) :( :( :( :( :(

They were working a day or two ago (I know this because when I turn my computer on usually I get a popup bubble saying I have items to be written to a disk. I usually close that as I wouldn't be burning the backup at that moment........

So this is my problem:

Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)

And I have tried both of the following:

1) Windows solution with registry

2) deleting device and reinstalling and deleting device, rebooting and reinstalling.

So, any solutions?

Here is the device information:

_NEC DVD+RW ND-1100A

And

Samsung DVD-ROM SD-616T

2. ratchet

ratchet

3. jediliz

jediliz Thread Starter

I actually tried that, but nothing happened. It said something about administator access so I guess I would have to log on as the administrator? and then I could use that.

I'll try to figure out how to log on as administrator and then download that, again.

4. jediliz

jediliz Thread Starter

Okay, I got it to work (I booted up in safe mode, uninstalled the drives from the device manager, went to the registry and deleted the upper filters & lower filters) and then rebooted. But now, I can not back up my data on my DVD+RW disc in the drive. It says there are no dvd recorders detected.

I have the disk from DELL to do a reinstall of the ROXIO Easy CD Creator, but that's about all I can think of doing - reinstalling the software.

5. ratchet

ratchet

Does it show up in device manager or My Computer?

Did all this start when you uninstalled Roxio?

6. jediliz

jediliz Thread Starter

I never uninstalled ROXIO. I didn't do anything to that software.

The drives work now, but the DVD+RW drive is not letting me burn a DVD+RW disk. It could be the brand - Hewlett Packard, but its the right speed ( 4x ) for the drive. And I've been able to burn the DVD+RW disks before - but not this brand, another brand.

7. ratchet

ratchet

HP Model #?

8. jediliz

jediliz Thread Starter

sorry, I wasn't clear enough. Its the MEDIA (the DVD+RW disks that is HP brand. The computer is a DELL.

And the model is a dimension 4550 series.

9. ratchet

ratchet

10. jediliz

jediliz Thread Starter

_NEC DVD+RW ND-1100A is the model of my dvd+rw

11. jediliz

jediliz Thread Starter

I patched the software and it burned the dvd fine

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/318350

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice