1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

DVD Rom hanging XP not reading discs either

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Spmook, Jan 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Spmook

Spmook Thread Starter

HEy guys and gals. here's my problemo. I just put in a dvd rom in my friends puter and Xp is failing to read anything from it...both cd's and dvd's....I've also noticed that when I insert a disc it hangs XP to the point that I cant do anything but when I eject the disc everything returns to normal speed. I went inot device manager and it says that it is working properly but it isnt. the 2 things I have noticed while in the device manager is that "Microtek simpleSCSI MIniport drivers" and SCSI/RAID Host Controllers" dont have any drivers. Could this be what is causing this? ALso I have noticed that BIOS detects the dvd rom drive too. gimme some!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/430241

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice