DVD-ROM installation

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Tech for Glory

So I swapped out my CD-ROM for a DVD-ROM and I put the jumper on the Master capabilities. When I started my computer, the drivers for the ROM were loaded, but whenever I double click on the drive through My Computer, it doesn't recognize that there is a disk in the drive. It just says, "Please insert a disc..."

Tech for Glory

Right now it's using a CD-ROM driver. Is this right? It's a standard DVD player, not a brand name. Any help?

Go into device manager and remove the driver and reboot. This should get it to install the right driver. While in device manager look and see what it shows the drive as. Mine shows as a dvd drive in there. If it shows a a dvd drive right click and then properties and see if it shows a problem with it.

What program are you using to view dvd disks?

Tech for Glory

I did all that. The Device Manager shows it as a DVD drive. When I stick in a disc, the light blinks for a little while like it's reading, but I don't hear any sound comming out of it. No whirring or anything like that. Maybe it's just really quiet.

I can't remember what DVD program I use (I'm at work now) but even trying to access DVDs through that, it doesn't recognize them.

What operating system are you using? When I installed windows xp I had the same problem. I was and still am using PowerDVD to view dvd disks. I had to get a update for the program to get it to run.

Tech for Glory

I'm using ME with, now that you mention it, PowerDVD, I think. Did you get the update from their website?

Yes I got it from there. You will need to know what version you have before going there as the updates are by version.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online