1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

DVD-ROM Not Working After Daemon Tools

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by bsommer109, Jul 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. bsommer109

bsommer109 Thread Starter

Hi,
    I have had daemon running on my two systems for quite a long time...ever since installing it on each, my DVD-ROM on both hasnt been working. The DVD-ROM is the top drive on both systems. A couple days ago I reformatted one pc which had this issue and after the reformat the DVD-ROM drive worked fine. Sadly, on the other computer I have, reformatting has to be the VERY last option...i really cannot do it. I have tried the windows page where you delete some of the optical drive drivers via the registry here :http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;320553
    yet it did not help. The thing about this whichis odd is that It is showing BOTH the DVD-ROM drive (which is NOT working) and my CD-RW Drive (which is working) in my computer... it also is showing both drivers in the device managar AND bios. The thing that is happening is that i insert a disc into the DVD-ROM drive and it does not autoplay...when i try to access it through My Computer it says " Please insert a disc into D:" , even though a disc is already in.

The system specs are below:
    2.4 GHZ P4
    512 MB RAM
    80 GB Hard Drive
    DVD-ROM Drive ( NOT WORKING )
    CD-RW Drive ( WORKING )

Please could someone help me get this issue resolved...I uninstalled daemon after unmounting everything and disabling all drives and i would like this DVD-ROM fixed ASAP!

2. onsite

onsite

3. bsommer109

i tried changing the reg entrys and also deleteing the drivers...still it does not work.

I am getting really frusterated :(

4. onsite

onsite

why don't you install it again, rebboot then uninstall

5. bsommer109

just did...still nothing :(*

6. bsommer109

does anyone know if i can do anything else...i really need this DVD-ROM to work :(

7. onsite

onsite

try cdfreaks.com , if they can not help you....well i don't want to think about that.

8. bsommer109

i posted on the forums...only got one reply and his suggsetion was to uninstlal which i already have :(

9. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Fix for missing DVD/CD drives.

Create a text file with NOTEPAD containing the following data exactly as below and name it FIXCD.REG

Double click on the file and say yes to the merge into registry question.

----------------------- Use text after this line, contents of FIXCD.REG -----------------------------
    REGEDIT4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}]
    "UpperFilters"=-
    "LowerFilters"=-

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Cdr4_2K]

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Cdralw2k]

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Cdudf]

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\UdfReadr]
    ------------------------------ Use text before this line --------------------------------

10. onsite

onsite

did you try doing google searches ?

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/488274

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice