1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

DVD ROM on HP550 wont open!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Flux333, Jan 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Flux333

Flux333 Thread Starter

Hi,

I can't get the DVD door open on my laptop. I've tried with paper clip. I've read that the DVD ROM will open about 5mm with the paper clip and than must pull the ROM out. I inserted the paper clip, open the DVD ROM about 5mm but I can't open it all the way. I've tried gently to open it, but it's still stuck. I will be happy as hell if someone tells me if there's another way to open the DVD ROM before I took my laptop to a repair service.

Thanks in advance.

2. Megabite

Megabite

Is there anything in the CD drive?

3. Flux333

Flux333 Thread Starter

No, it's empty.

4. Megabite

Megabite

5. Flux333

Flux333 Thread Starter

Oh, man..I'm not capable for taking the drive out, I will demage something. I'll read the text that you have send me and maybe will try to remove....Thanks you so, for your answers.

6. Flux333

Flux333 Thread Starter

Thank you for your answers, especially for the link that you post, it HELPED ME A LOT!!
    Actually, I removed the drive and put the same back in, and something went -click- and
    the drive was in the right place. Now isworking just fine, as before.It was jammed or something.

Thanks again, I dont know what to say, you helped me a lot.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/974271

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice