1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

dvd-rom?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by julieislost, Jan 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. julieislost

julieislost Thread Starter

please excuse my lack of knowledge of computers.......but can you copy audio onto a dvd-rom?
    i installed adaptec easy cd creator and i want to copy audio from which i downloaded from kazza.com. when i go to copy the files to the cd, it says i have no supported cd recorders........
    please enlighten...
    thanks
    julie:rolleyes:

2. Jtoast

Jtoast

yes, you can copy audio to a dvd rom.

what program are you using to copy the dvd? Have you upgraded/patched it to its newest version?

3. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Do you have a DVD writer, or just a DVD-ROM drive? If you have a plain DVD-ROM drive, which I suspect, you can't copy anything to it, it's a read-only drive.

4. Jtoast

Jtoast

There I go missing the obvious again...:D

5. julieislost

julieislost Thread Starter

i just have the dvd-rom.........so.......what do i do next?
    i have a ibm thinkpad t21, can i swap out the bay? if i can, how much does one of those things cost?
    thanks for your help.........even you jtoast!!!!
    julie

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/111916

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice