DVD+RW becomes read only halfway through writing files to it

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

sdobbie

Hello. I was writing a load of pictures and videos to a new and unused DVD+RW using the live filesystem in windows explorer. Near the start of writing, a message comes up saying that the disk is read only. After cancelling, there are some files on the disk and I have tried erasing it and starting again.

Oddba11

Jim
Try a different burning app. How many files are you trying to write? Depending on the format you chose, you could be reaching a file limitation.

sdobbie

I have tried different ones but they stop responding and i have to restart the computer to get the disk out.

The first picture makes it appear that you are trying to burn with a DVD-Rom, not a DVD writer.

When you are burning, Are the 800 or so items you are trying to burn separated into folders, or are you sending 800 items to the drive at once? If they are all separate, try making a few folders, then divide the files among them. Then try burning the folders.

sdobbie

I have a writer drive and all the files are in folders for each date.

sdobbie

It seems to be a problem with the disk drive. I put the same disc in my laptop and it works fine.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online