1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

dvd rw drive Currently in use

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by scasfh, Oct 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scasfh

scasfh Thread Starter

I have windows vista home.
    16x DVD(+/-)R/RW DL LightScribe drive
    1gb ram
    pentiumd 830.

My dvd cd rw drive is unresponsive. no programs can recognize that their is a cd drive. and i cannot open or close the drive.

when i go into My computer and right click on the drive i get a error message saying

DVD RW Drive (f:) is currently in use
    save any open files on this disc, and then close the files or programs using the files before trying again.
    if you choose continue the files will be closes which may cause data to be lost

cancel. try again, continue

when i try to click continue another error message comes up saying the same thing. with just a OK to click.

This started happening when i tried to make a backup on CD. i went to change CD's after the program prompted me to. and then this problem occured.

i have tried system recovery, Deleting and re installing my Drivers, disabling and rebooting my computer. and still nothing.

2. gamerbyron

gamerbyron

CHeck the cables, there might something losen, try reseatting them.

3. the_elementary

the_elementary

Welcome

is the CD still in your driver?
    If it is, it may be your problem!
    you should get it out first and then reboot!
    (to open your drive: there is a very small hole in the front of your driver, press in it with a needle or something small and the drive will open!)
    Afterwards reboot!

Else check cables as said before!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/644936

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice