DVD+RW Drive not writing

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

brandonbr

Hey everyone I am trying to burn about 1.6 gigs of music onto a 4.7 gig dvd+r disc. Everything seems to be ok when burning. I know something was burned to the disc because when it is done I see the dark blue on the outter edge of the disc. When I put the disc in another computer with a DVD rom it does not detect anything on the disc and when i put it back into my DVD drive it dosent detect it. Can anyone tell me what the problem is? Thanks. :)

Hey,

It sounds like the write head on the burner is gone, i believe you can get this fixed but it would probably be a better idea to purcahse a new one. Is it possible for you to get access to a another burner and see if this works on your system?

Nick.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online