dvd+RW drive won't read or write anymore!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

ej

hi, i have a HP pavilion laptop with a Toshiba ODD-DVD SD-R6252 dvd+rw/cdrw burner in it. I've always had media compatabilty issues with this drive, but now it seems none of my videos i've burned onto dvd+rws can be read with this thing! I did the firmware update and bios, tried all kinds of media, i just don't get it. It still burns dvd+r's ok and cds. I bought brand new verbatim dvdrw and burned a few movies, but now they won't play back, i can't even get the drive to read them to reformat them (HP support told me to buy verbatim!)...but they play flawlessly in my compaq and home dvd player!??? any help??? :confused:

i think the eye on the drive may have weakened

a dvd rw reflects less light then a dvd r cd

this happened to the cd burner that came with my compaq 7470

and if it can happen to a cd burner, them theres a chance that it can happen to a dvd burner

ej

after spending 2 hrs with HP support, and consulting best buy geek squad, the verdict was I needed a new burner....but.....I thought i'd try one more thing, i whipped out a super soft dusting brush and microfiber cloth and dusted off the lens....FIXED!!!! whew. :D

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online