DVD/RW I/O errors

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

egg64

I have a problem with my DVD/RW drive,

CD's, and DVDs seem to read just fine on it....it's just burning and copying that seems to be the problem. I tried moving some files from a DVD or a CD that I had backed up...if I want to move a file from a DVD or CD, it seems to go well for a minute, then it stops, saying it's because of an I/O device error or something like that. I also checked to see if the cd may have been dirty or scratched, but it was neither. Burning with the drive is also unsuccessful.....here are my specs.

Windows XP Pro/SP2
768MB Ram
Emprex 16X DVD/RW drive with DL capabilities

are you moving files from the cd in windows explorer or are you using a 3rd party program like Nero ?

egg64

Actually...both are correct. I've tried making and burning DVD's and VCD's with Nero, made sure that I burned on the lowest setting I possibly could so they could play on my DVD Player....they;ve worked before...no settings have been changed.

The I/O error is what I get if I tried to move files from the DVD or CD to the desktop or any other folder..

egg64

Yes, I have XP Pro w/SP2.....so I'll give that a try.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online