1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Dvd-rw Icons Have Changed In "my Computer"

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by destressed, Jul 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. destressed

destressed Thread Starter

PLEASE CAN ANYONE HELP? I'VE READ SO MANY FORUMS AND NON OF THEM SEEM TO HELP WITH MY PROBLEM.
    I HAVE A PENTIUM 4 DUAL CORE PROSSESSOR, 2GB RAM, RUNNING WINDOWS XP PRO SP2 (IF THIS MAKES ANY DIFFERENCE!!!) :rolleyes:
    I HAVE 3 DIFFERENT DVD BURNERS INSTALLED AND ALL HAVE BEEN WOKING FINE, BUT ALL OF A SUDDEN ALL 3 OF THE DVD-RW ICONS HAVE CHANGED TO EMPTY FILE ICONS WHEN I GO INTO "MY COMPUTER". THE DRIVES STILL WORK, SOMETIMES ONE FREEZES BUT WHEN YOU PUT A DISC OF ANY KIND IN, THE PROPPER DVD-RW ICON APPEARS, SOON AS THE DISC IS REMOVED THE ICON IS LOST AGAIN. DOES ANYONE KNOW WHY THIS IS HAPPENING???? COULD IT BE A VIRUS????
    I'VE UNINSTALLED THE DRIVES AND INSTALLED THEM AGAIN, I'VE ALSO TRIED UPDATING THE DRIVERS BUT NON OF THIS HAS WORKED. I'VE ALSO LOOKED IN DEVICE MANAGER AND ALL 3 BURNERS HAVE BEEN DETECTED SHOWING NO FAULTS OR PROBLEMS. PLEASE HELP XXX :mad:

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/594128

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice